Tuesday 25 November 2014

MY INSPIRATION


Often when I meet people I get the question "Who Inspires You" 

I have contemplated this many times and since I believe it is consequential to tell people about things that drives you, so below is the most extraordinary and amazing person who I inspire and look up to....

  Nick Vujicic

    "If you can't get a miracle, become one"


I first found out about Nick Vujicic was through one of his sensational YouTube videos. The clip was about his motivational talks to people especially to the younger generations out there. Not only that, his videos also showcase his hobbies such as playing golf and soccer, empyrean diving, surfing. All these things you would expect from an ‘able’ person was being performed by a ‘disable’ person. The story of Nick Vujicic is the most emotional story I have ever heard. Nick was born without any limbs! He is a victim of a rare disease, Tetra-Amelia Syndrome which is characterized by the absence of all four limbs. Thus, he has no arms and legs. He experienced an emotional and unstable childhood but he finally accepted the fact that he was never going to ambulate or even catch a ball in his life. Although Nick is handicap, he could still do unbelievable things.


Throughout his childhood, he struggled a lot to overcome the sick mentality of society. Nick started his journey as a motivational speaker and travels around the world to inspire people to live a happy life. Here is a video of one of Nick's motivational talks and let him speak for himself.


                           

So why do I inspire Nick Vujicic? 

This is why....

Many obstructions came Nick Vujicic's way as he progressed through a path towards his goal, but he never let these obstructions push him down. His sedulous assiduousness surmounted all the obstacles that endeavored to occlude the path towards his goal. In one of his talks, he explained that how fear could dull one's view of his/her dreams, causing his/her to fall into a dark void of failure, never to get back up again. He also said said that FEAR is the only thing that puts a limit to our dream. Therefore, from Nick's motivational talks and life story, I have learnt that if I fail in something, I should never give up and I have to keep trying again and again until I succeed. If I don't do so, it will only prevents me from chasing my dream and goals in life. The fear of another failure can lead to the loss of wanting to endeavor again and hence, you wouldn't be able to succeed in life. One of his advice to the younger generations were, 'It is our choice where to give up and be a failure forever or to get back up again to spark the chance of prosperity'.


Many of us take things in our life for granted. The forgetfulness is authentic and insidious in which we facilely lose our perspective of what is really important in our lives and we can actually see this in our society itself. Learning of Nick Vujicic has helped me to appreciate what I have instead of complaining about what I lack. Nick early on his life achieved the seemingly impossible. He has learnt to be independent and take care of all his personal needs. So why must we constantly complain that we cannot be independent and must always depend on others?

During his youth, he faced and overcome serious depression. He began reaching out to others facing tough, difficult and hopeless circumstances and helped them find hope, optimism and anticipation for the future. His own sense of purpose grew stronger as he became familiar with people all over the world that needed someone to encourage them not to give up on their dreams. He let himself be an example to persuade  people that there are no limits in life, one can achieve of highest order if he/she has the will, courage and bravery to do so to live their dream.


So what is your excuse to be negative and hate your life? It is about having a supportive and positive mindset. Next time you feel sad about your situation I want you to ask yourself: “Do I have both arms? Yes. Do I have both legs? Yes. Get over it. Move on!


Well that's all about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment